Category Archives: Grout Cleaners
Do you know that Baking Soda has so many amazing uses and benefits? Baking soda is not just what the word implies – for baking. It is more than just a baking or cooking ingredient. This seemingly simple white powder is actually very useful in so many different ways.
Amazing Uses of Baking Soda
1. Cooking and baking ingredient. Of course, we all know that baking soda is very useful in cooking and baking. It acts as a leavening agent in baked goods to produce carbon dioxide which causes them to “rise”.
2. Toothpaste. Oh yeah! Baking soda can also be used as toothpaste. It doesn’t have the minty taste of regular toothpastes, but it works just as good, if not better. I remember my grandfather who never used a toothpaste in his life. Baking soda was all he used for brushing his teeth. Surprisingly, he had the best teeth in our family.
3. Facial scrub. Amazing, right? No need to go to a skin care clinic to get a facial. Baking soda works really great in exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin cells from your face. All you gotta do is make a a paste using 1 part water plus 3 parts baking soda. Then you gently rub the paste on your face in a circular motion. It is even safe enough to use every day!
4. Deodorant. Sounds weird? Not really. Baking soda neutralizes body odor, that’s why it is so great to use as a deodorant. You only need to apply a bit of baking soda to your underarms, and you are all good to face the world out there odor-free.
5. Cleaning agent. Wow, really? Yes, really. Baking soda is a great cleaning agent. It works especially great as a tile grout cleaner. All you gotta do is make a grout paste using a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Vinegar is also a great agent for cleaning grout, and adding baking soda gives it superior cleaning power, as baking soda gives the mixture the abrasiveness it needs to remove tough stains in your tile and grout. I have tried it, and it is just unbelievable. My tiles have never looked so clean.
6. Relief for bite stings and itchiness. Skin itching can be relieved by our amazing white powder. For itch relief, just put a little bit of baking soda in your hands and rub on damp skin after taking your regular bath or shower. Baking soda can also be used to relieve stings from insect bites.
7. Relieve hyper acidity. Because baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, it neutralizes acidity, heart burn and indigestion.
See? there are many uses of baking soda. In fact, there are a lot more than what’s listed here. Do you know other uses of baking soda? Can you share them to us? Comment below and tell us!