The Best Way to Clean Grout and Tile
Having dirty tile and grout is significantly overrated. Learning the best way to clean grout makes it easy and quick to do. Don’t be too hard on yourself for not cleaning your grout and tile sooner. Here are 6 easy steps that should make the grout cleaning process more fun and enjoyable for you.
Tips To Make Grout Cleaning Easy
1) I start by doing a general assessment of the situation. How bad is it really? What type of grout cleaner will I need to get the job done adequately. The Tile and grout cleaners that have worked the best for me include Tilex, 409 Bathroom Cleaner and bleach.
2)For wet tiled area, start by rinsing them first. Then apply the grout cleaner. Let the grout cleaner sit for 5 to 10 minutes. This will help to break down the dirt and grime trapped in the tile and it will help prepare you for the next step.
3)After the chemical has had time to work, use a medium-soft bristled brush or a toothbrush to scrub the tile grout. Then wipe clean with a sponge and rinse with water.
4) If the grout is still dingy, it might need a second cleaning using a grout paste. To make a grout paste, simply combine baking soda, salt, and a little water. It forms into a thick paste. Using a brush, scrub carefully at the grout until is becomes clean. As mentioned above, you will need to rinse with water and dry thoroughly.
5) If you have a large tiled area, or if your tile needs cleaning often, you may consider getting a steam cleaner. A grout steam cleaner is fun and easy to use. In addition a lot of steamers can also be used for other things like cleaning upholstery, curtains and wood flooring.
More Tips Take The Job Better and More Enjoyable
1) Listening to music or the radio while you work. This will help you pass the time and make your job a lot easier and a lot more stress free.
2) When scrubbing the tiled floor for a long time on your hands and knees, it may best to get knee pads or at least a floor pad. I have found that as I get older, these are the little things that I appreciate more and more.
Hopefully this article has been helpful in teaching you the best way to clean grout and tile!
*Learn more tips on tile grout cleaning: Six Tips on How To Clean Tile Grout
*Click here to find out the Best Tile and Grout Cleaning Equipment